FAMILY TREE

By Laura Velli

We Start Out Small Inside Our Mothers With Care,

Then We’re Born Into The Nice Clean Air.

Our Mother And Father Are First To Greet Us.

Then Grandma and Grandpa Show Up To Meet Us.

As the Family Gathers And Describe All Our Traits.

My Genealogy Journey Becomes Part Of My Fate.

As I Grow And Learn, I Trace All The Names.

Of Those Faces That Love Me And Played All My Games.

It’s A Family Quest, A Journey Of Mine.

It’s The Past I Seek, Cause It Comforts My Mind.

It’s My Family Trees That Are Most Interesting To Me.

From The Past To The Present, We All Come To Be.

April 9, 2009

Harrington Brothers and Sisters

1946 ~ 1947
Montrose, Colorado
Names by Height
Dorothy Harrington, Tad Harrington, Larry Harrington
Don Harrington, Stan Harrington


This picture was taken in front of the house in which I was born, south of Montrose.
While in Montrose recently, I met a lady (Betty Larue) that was there the day I was born. Her father and mother had sold this property to my parents and bought a farm across the road, however they could not move into their new home for several months so they lived with us. The date of this picture is not known for sure, however, I was still in diapers as you can see them slipping below my "short pants" and as well they look a little wet. Enlarging, you will see that "Tad" has no teeth, this was from a horse kicking him in the mouth.
Picture is worth a "million dollars" to me.

2 comments:

Stan Harrington said...

Click the picture, it will take you to a 8X10 picture which will hang on my wall.

Heidi said...

I have a few of those, photo's that are priceless... this is one! I will be stealing it for my collection!