FAMILY TREE

By Laura Velli

We Start Out Small Inside Our Mothers With Care,

Then We’re Born Into The Nice Clean Air.

Our Mother And Father Are First To Greet Us.

Then Grandma and Grandpa Show Up To Meet Us.

As the Family Gathers And Describe All Our Traits.

My Genealogy Journey Becomes Part Of My Fate.

As I Grow And Learn, I Trace All The Names.

Of Those Faces That Love Me And Played All My Games.

It’s A Family Quest, A Journey Of Mine.

It’s The Past I Seek, Cause It Comforts My Mind.

It’s My Family Trees That Are Most Interesting To Me.

From The Past To The Present, We All Come To Be.

April 30, 2009

The Family Dinner ~ Era 1926

This is another of the series of pictures that the Baker family sent to me recently. I made an attempt to determine the month and year by enlarging the calendar on the wall, however, I was not successful. Best guess estimate by the youngest member, I would estimate that this picture was taken in 1925 - 1927 time frame. It is comprised primarily of the "Baker" family with the family of Henry Philo and Ella Belle Baker-Harrington in attendance. There are also three other people at the dinner that I have names for however, I believe they are neighboring friends of the family.



ENLARGE FROM ORIGINAL PHOTO ABOVE
Relationship To Myself

Head of Table: Floyd Baker, Great Uncle
Lady Sitting: Luella Baker, Great Aunt
Lady Standing: Pearl Baker, Great Aunt
Clyde Baker, Great Uncle
Oliver Baker, Great Uncle
Henry "Ten" Harrington, Grandfather
Charles Baker, Great Uncle
Frank Baker, Great Uncle
Louise Harrington, Aunt (Fathers Sister)


ENLARGE FROM ORIGINAL PHOTO ABOVE
Relationship To Myself

Head of Table: Floyd Baker, Great Uncle
John Lett
Mrs. John Lett
Mrs. Beach
Esther Baker, Great Aunt
Ella Baker-Harrington, Grandmother
Ralph Harrington, Uncle


4 comments:

Shana said...

Analyzing the calendar...we saw it as June...and the first day of June fell on a Friday...with the handy calculator. June first fell on a friday in the years...1920, 1924, 1928, 1932. Does that help any??

Daniel Baker said...

It has to be 1927 or later. Clyde Baker and Luella Beach were married April 6, 1927 - at the advanced farm home called Broadview, at Pleasant Dale. Broadview was the Beach home, had solar-charged batteries in jugs. Luella's mother Mary Luebben Beach ("Mrs Beach") is in there, so be assured it's not before the wedding. Very upright cultured woman.

Daniel Baker said...

Oliver, in the unexpanded pix, was close to the Harringtons and Esther's family - a great many visits there. (I need to trot out more pix) I remember Vern visiting Ollie and Ed, and giving a slide show.

Daniel Baker said...

About the Family Dinner set: This picture has to be just before or after my folk's marriage (Clyde Baker to Luella Beach) because that seems to be grandmother Beach there. Priceless photo, on that account. They married in 1927. I found a page of 1927 calendars to compare to what's in the picture, but the PC froze at the time.