FAMILY TREE

By Laura Velli

We Start Out Small Inside Our Mothers With Care,

Then We’re Born Into The Nice Clean Air.

Our Mother And Father Are First To Greet Us.

Then Grandma and Grandpa Show Up To Meet Us.

As the Family Gathers And Describe All Our Traits.

My Genealogy Journey Becomes Part Of My Fate.

As I Grow And Learn, I Trace All The Names.

Of Those Faces That Love Me And Played All My Games.

It’s A Family Quest, A Journey Of Mine.

It’s The Past I Seek, Cause It Comforts My Mind.

It’s My Family Trees That Are Most Interesting To Me.

From The Past To The Present, We All Come To Be.

March 2, 2009

The Baker Family

Ella Belle Baker

The Harrington family is related to the Baker family by the marriage of my Grandfather Henry Philo "Ten" Harrington (1874 ~ 1944) to Ella Belle Baker (1885 ~ 1939). Both of my grandparents passed away prior to my birth and are buried in Benedict, Nebraska.

My grandmother parents, my Great Grandparents, were Daniel Webster Baker, preferred to go by D.W. Baker, was born on September 25, 1854 in Waterfall, Pennsylvania. My Great Grandmother was Esther Anna Black who was born on August 24, 1861 in Clay Township, Pennsylvania. Both, D.W. Baker and Esther Black-Baker are buried in, Benedict Nebraska.

During their marriage D.W. Baker and and Ester Black-Baker had fourteen children, twelve boys and two girls. My Grandmother Ella Belle Baker had a twin brother, Grant Baker. The children, my great uncles and aunts include:

John Franklin Baker 1880 ~ 1950
Edward Arthur Baker 1881 ~ 1952
Charles Andrew Baker 1883 ~ 1942
Ella Belle Baker 1885 ~ 1939
Grant Baker 1885 ~ 1974
Ira Lewis Baker 1889 ~ 1962
Raymond Daniel Baker 1891 ~ 1971
Francis Clyde Baker 1893 ~ 1962
Oliver Perry Baker 1895 ~ 1976
Iva Pearl Baker 1898 ~ 1988
William McKinley Baker 1900 ~ 1959
Earl Baker 1901 ~ 1980
Floyd Baker 1903 ~ Researching
Wayne Baker 1904 ~ 1965


Ten of the Baker Brothers and Sister 1957

(Back Row) Wayne, Floyd, Ray, Oliver, Clyde
(Front Row) Grant, William, Ira, Pearl, Earl

As in all families, several members went by their middle names, shortened first names, or by nick names given to them. The majority of the family are buried at Pleasant Hill in Benedict, Nebraska. Two brothers are buried in Colorado and their brother, Ira Baker is buried in Enumclaw, Washington.

Living on a large farm in the heartland of America, the Baker brothers were true American patriots and answered their nations call during World War I and World War II.

3 comments:

Kamahl1234 said...

can you give the burial place of earl, floyd and wayne baker?

annikethierry said...

Hello,
Just in case, do you know if Grant Baker had a middle name with the "F" initial, and if he could have been sent to France during WWII ?? I'm looking for a Grant F Baker who was sent and was hiding in France during the 2nd WW. Thanks a lot in advance,
Please reply to annikethierry@gmail.com
Best regards,
Annike

annikethierry said...

After some research it seems the Grant F Baker I'm looking for was in France during WW1, not WW2. He was in Semur, Burgundy, in 1918. Might this be the Grant Baker from your family ? Just inn case, let me know.
Best regards
Annike