FAMILY TREE

By Laura Velli

We Start Out Small Inside Our Mothers With Care,

Then We’re Born Into The Nice Clean Air.

Our Mother And Father Are First To Greet Us.

Then Grandma and Grandpa Show Up To Meet Us.

As the Family Gathers And Describe All Our Traits.

My Genealogy Journey Becomes Part Of My Fate.

As I Grow And Learn, I Trace All The Names.

Of Those Faces That Love Me And Played All My Games.

It’s A Family Quest, A Journey Of Mine.

It’s The Past I Seek, Cause It Comforts My Mind.

It’s My Family Trees That Are Most Interesting To Me.

From The Past To The Present, We All Come To Be.

March 19, 2009

Home Of The Ajax

For the past couple of days, I have been following a lead that I had come across a year ago. It has taken sometime to find verifiable documentation, however, I am now satisfied that the information is accurate. I will be posting this information within the next few days.
Until then, I thought you would find this interesting.

Fieldgrove House, Bitton, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom

The Fieldgrove House was once the home of Sir John Harrington, a godson of Elizabeth I.
This is the house in which the water closet (Ajax) was invented by Sir John Harrington and his brother Francis of Kelston Towers. (Page IX and Narrative ~ Family Book).
This was the first documentation that I have found that it mentioned that he had assistance from his brother in his invention to please the Queen.



1 comment:

Shana said...

Maybe he should have invented the weed whacker...hehe....the lawn is well groomed but the weeds have overtaken the house