FAMILY TREE

By Laura Velli

We Start Out Small Inside Our Mothers With Care,

Then We’re Born Into The Nice Clean Air.

Our Mother And Father Are First To Greet Us.

Then Grandma and Grandpa Show Up To Meet Us.

As the Family Gathers And Describe All Our Traits.

My Genealogy Journey Becomes Part Of My Fate.

As I Grow And Learn, I Trace All The Names.

Of Those Faces That Love Me And Played All My Games.

It’s A Family Quest, A Journey Of Mine.

It’s The Past I Seek, Cause It Comforts My Mind.

It’s My Family Trees That Are Most Interesting To Me.

From The Past To The Present, We All Come To Be.

March 4, 2009

Mustered For Duty

This is a perpetual posting. As additional information is obtained, it will be included in this posting. Throughout the history of the United States, the Harrington family and the descendants through marriages have answered the call to duty in service to their country. They have answered the call in both peaceful times as well as times of turmoil and war. The history of our military contributions dates from War of Independence to the present time. I have accumulated a number of individual biographies, which I will post in time. If I have missed any names from the roster, please let me know so I can include them. (Indicated by parenthesis is the relationship to myself)

REPORTED FOR DUTY


James D. Harrington ~ Korea (Brother)

Donald D. Harrington ~ Vietnam Era (Brother)
Stanley R. Harrington ~ Vietnam Veteran (That Would Be Me)
William D. Harrington ~ Vietnam Era (Brother)
Henry M. Harrington ~ Vietnam Era (Nephew)


Henry Harrington ~ Civil War (Great Grand Father)

John Franklin Baker ~ World War I (Great Uncle)
Charles Andrew Baker ~ World War I (Great Uncle)

Grant Baker ~ World War I (Great Uncle)

Oliver Perry Baker ~ World War I Era (Great Uncle)
Wayne Baker ~ World War II (Great Uncle)
* Marshall Riley ~ World War II, Korean War (Uncle)
Fred "Ted" Riley ~ Korean War (Uncle)
Matthew Harrington ~ Active Duty (Three Tours Iraq) (Nephew)
Joshua Harrington ~ Active Duty (Afghanistan) (Grandson)


Ira Lewis Baker ~ World War I Era (Great Uncle)


* Marshall Riley ~ World War II, Korean War (Uncle)
** Deanna Harrington Bratton ~ Vietnam Era (Niece )


*Marshall Riley retired after thirty years of service serving during the time of three wars, World War II, Korea, and Vietnam although he never served in the combat area of Vietnam. In World War II he was in the Army infantry in the European Theater. Following WW II when the Army Air Force became a separate entity from the Army, he transferred service to the U.S. Air Force.

**Deanna Harrington Bratton is the only female in our family that I have found to have served on active duty in the military.

***All of those appearing with the last name of Baker are all brothers. Five of the brothers served during World War I, three of them in Europe and two were stationed in the United States. The sixth brother, Wayne, served in Europe during World War II.

1 comment:

real eyez said...

Stan that is an impressive list!