FAMILY TREE

By Laura Velli

We Start Out Small Inside Our Mothers With Care,

Then We’re Born Into The Nice Clean Air.

Our Mother And Father Are First To Greet Us.

Then Grandma and Grandpa Show Up To Meet Us.

As the Family Gathers And Describe All Our Traits.

My Genealogy Journey Becomes Part Of My Fate.

As I Grow And Learn, I Trace All The Names.

Of Those Faces That Love Me And Played All My Games.

It’s A Family Quest, A Journey Of Mine.

It’s The Past I Seek, Cause It Comforts My Mind.

It’s My Family Trees That Are Most Interesting To Me.

From The Past To The Present, We All Come To Be.

February 23, 2009

Grandmother and Aunts ~ Harringtons

(DUPLICATED FROM HOLE IN THE WALL BLOGSITE)


I have had this picture in my "family box" for a great number of years, having received it from my mother. She was not one to waste good ink, there was no annotations on the picture as to dating or even the names of the individuals. Perhaps, we could all learn from this for some of the pictures that we have in our possession that might mean something to someone in the future.

Just recently, I had this picture identified. I never had the opportunity to meet any of these ladies. The lady on the left is Ella Belle Baker Harrington. She was my grandmother on my father's side of the family. She passed away in 1939, six years prior to my birth. She was married to Henry Philo "Ten" Harrington. The lady on the right has yet to be identified.

The two young ladies on horseback is Esther Irene Harrington and Virginia "Louise" Harrington, sisters to my father and my aunts. I met "Louise" once or twice as a very young boy as they had moved to Wyoming from Nebraska. "Louise" is the girl on the right, she was born in 1916. Based on that, I will assume this picture was taken between 1924 - 1926. Was not able to identify the horses, except one could possibly have the name of "blaze".

More pictures to come!

2 comments:

Stan Harrington said...

5 Comments
Close this window Jump to comment form

Blogger Heidi said...

Pretty cool! Thanks for sharing! I can't wait to collect more!

February 20, 2009 9:15 AM
Delete
Blogger Stan said...

I am shocked, no one has even asked me how I found out the name of the horse was "blaze"!

February 21, 2009 4:43 PM
Delete
Blogger real eyez said...

It is amazing to see a picture of the women who yesterday we were standing next to her grave.
To actually put a face to the name is just amazing.

February 22, 2009 5:03 AM
Delete
Blogger Stan said...

I am glad that all of you had a chance to visit the area, isn't that a nice, neat, and clean cemetery. I was amazed the excellent shape that the headstones were, they looked like they were just placed there. Ella Baker Harrington (1039) and Henry Philo Harrington (1945). There is so much more history to be discovered in the area, I will be back. Thanks for going by and seeing their sites.

February 22, 2009 8:53 AM
Delete
Blogger real eyez said...

No problem. It was a beautiful drive even if it was a little cold.

February 22, 2009 11:26 AM

Heidi said...

How did find out the name of the horse was "blaze"?